I like to make this cereal in a big batch so I can eat it throughout the week and it can also be stored in an airtight container for up to two - three weeks! I tend to drown a bowl of this in coconut / almond milk and top it off with frozen raspberries and maybe a few cacao nibs if i'm feeling it. You could literally use any toppings such as fresh fruit and coconut yogurt or any extra dried fruit and seeds.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups raw nuts (I usually like to use pecans and almonds but had to sub the almonds for cashews instead because I was all out, how sad), roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup dried fruit (I use cranberries and raisins)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Stir together oats, nuts and coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil to a small saucepan over medium heat for around 2 minutes until fully combined.
- Immediately pour the maple and coconut mixture over the dry ingredients and stir together until everything is completley coated.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour out the ingredients from the bowl, making sure it's all spread out in an even layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and stir in the dessicated coconut and dried fruit. Bake for a further 5 minutes until it turns an even deeper golden brown, be careful as it can burn easily.
- Finally remove it from the oven and leave to cool for around 15 minutes before storing in a large airtight container or snack on it whenever you feel like!