Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Thursday, 13 July 2017

OPTIAT COFFEE SCRUB | ARE COFFEE SCRUBS WORTH THE HYPE?


If you've been following the blog for a while you probably would have figured out by now that I am a coffee scrub addict. I believe that coffee scrubs are the perfect skin remedy and soothe my face more than any other kind of skincare product. I reviewed the Scrub Love "coconut affair" coffee scrub a around a year ago which you can find here - and I was absolutely obsessed with it, so I decided to give the brand Optiat a go. Optiat kindly sent me one of their "Vanilla Velvet hit the sheets" scrubs to test out and share my opinion with all of you other fellow coffee (scrub) lovers out there. They have a selection of 4 scrubs to choose from, all with a completely different scent ranging from Lemongrass, Mandarin, Vanilla and peppermint.

As soon as the vanilla scrub arrived in the post, I was so excited to test it out straight away. This particular scrub is described to be perfect for a relaxed, quiet night in, helping you unwind after a long day. I personally prefer using it in the morning as it leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh and strangely makes me feel more confident about not wearing any makeup as my skin just feels 100% better. This scrub is perfect to use before bed also as it helps you feel refreshed before bedtime and makes you feel like you're going to have a better nights sleep. It would also be perfect using as part of a night time pamper routine to make you feel that bit more fab.

The instructions for use are so simple! Just dollop (I cringe every time I hear that word, but I just had to) a small amount of the scrub onto your hands, ensuring that your skin is fairly damp beforehand, then simply massage the product into your face in circular motions until your face or wherever you want to apply is completely covered. Leave for a few minutes - the longer you leave it, the softer your skin is left feeling. Then rinse it all off with warm water until all the product is off. You'll then be left feeling gorgeous and ready for a beautiful nights sleep.

Coffee scrubs do wonders for the skin as the coffee grounds are used as a natural exfoliator, whilst the caffeine stimulates blood flow, effective against cellulite and stretch marks. I actually couldn't recommend coffee scrubs over the average exfoliator enough, i'm so in love with them.

You can find all of Optiats scrubs here for £9.99 or their travel size versions for £6.99. My travel size version is still going and I have had a lot of use out of it, possibly around 8 uses with even more left to go. These would be perfect for taking on holiday if you've had a long day out in the sun or to take to a friends house for a girly night in. The brand also has 6 gift sets to choose from if you know a coffee scrub addict like myself - these would be the perfect birthday or even Christmas present (yes I am excited for christmas time already, i must be crazy..) The options include the "large gift box" consisting of all 4 full size coffee scrubs, the "small gift box" consisting of all 4 travel size scrubs, perfect for someone who wants to test all the scrubs out before purchasing their favourite full size product. You can also change these gift sets around so you can choose the combination of scrubs you want.

The other gift sets include the "Men's gift box", "hangover healer", "post-gym lifter" and finally the "night-out prep". All of these boxes consist of different goodies along with one full size scrub. I'm definitely intrigued by the hangover healer box the most, everything looks so good!

My only fault with the product was that I expected to be able to use it in the shower as my Scrub Love scrub was recommend to be used in the shower/bath and worked wonderfully, but when I used this one in the shower it ran straight down my face almost like my skin was too damp. The difference between these products was that the Scrub Love product was more like coffee granules whereas the Optiat scrub was more like a paste formula. Other than this I thought the scrub was beautiful and smells so delightful it makes you want to eat it!

I would definitley recommend trying coffee scrubs if you still have yet to or are curious about how good they actually are as more and more brands are starting to come out with their own ranges. I think the Optiat prices are great and you really get what you pay for. Go get yourself your favourite scrub from the website and become part of the #scrubsquad on instagram sharing a selfie of you and your scrub!

shannon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment