Shannon Michelle

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger from the UK..

Saturday, 12 August 2017

CREATING MY OWN HAPPINESS


Lately I've been stuck in a rut and i'm having a hard time getting out of it. I just feel like I can't get into the routine of doing anything. Like my motivation and enthusiasm to do the things I love are thinning out and as much as I don't want to allow myself to do this to myself, here I am letting it happen.

I'm trying to grow my blog as much as I can so I can hopefully pursue it as a career some day because I love writing so much, but then I start overthinking things and comparing my blog to others, thinking that it's not good enough, that I need a new camera and better equipment just so I can be better. I start comparing myself to other bloggers that look beautiful in all of their photos and wishing I could look like that and it brings me down. I hate being a negative nelly on my blog because it's my happy place where I love to spread positive vibes, but right now I really am struggling.

Life is currently a struggle, many personal things going through my head, trying to please other people and forgetting to please myself in the process, finishing college and not knowing what to do and thinking about how I am possibly going to make a success out of myself if I'm stuck without knowing what i'm doing.

There is so much I want to do with my life.

I want to travel around the world, see the romance in Paris to exploring the beaches in Hawaii. I want my life to be full of fun and energy. I want to write for everyone to read and feel inspired. I want to buy cute outfits to make myself feel fabulous. I want to drink endless amounts of iced coffee without judgement. I want to create the happiest of playlists so I can feel careless and free. I want to own the most gorgeous home with my boyfriend and the cutest Australian Shepherd puppy.  I want to start my own family. I want to try new recipes, no matter how bad they might end up. I want to go to Disneyworld with friends and enjoy myself. I want to smile at the little things that might seem silly to other people. I want so many things and i'm going to make them happen.

Over time I know that things will get better and I will be able to make these changes to my life, I can work even harder towards my goals and become the greatest version of myself that I can possible be. But it is okay to be down sometimes, no matter the reason, but everything will be okay as long as you have a positive mindset and I know that's exactly what I need to do.

I feel like maybe I was rambling a bit too much in this post and maybe there isn't much of a point to it, but I just want to say that you are the only person who can determine your own happiness and you are the only person who can help yourself to strive towards your goals and be your own boss. You got this. I definitely need to tell myself this more often when I am stuck in these sort of ruts, but it's okay because I know that in the end everything will be fine.

"You are a product of your own design, you are capable of everything you tell yourself. You are a product of your imagination, your handwork, you determination. You will only ever be what you allow yourself to be. Limits are only as high as you set them and goals are only as in reach as you allow them to be, if you cannot accept the fact that your life is down to you, and only you, you will not achieve greatness."
— 
Responsibility by Amy Kennedy
                what is your biggest goal?
             Shannon
            x

2 comments:

  1. It's tough when there's so much competition out there. I try not to compare my blogs with others because there's always better photographs or more exotic travel locations, but that isn't what I do. So I try to make my little bit of the internet the Most Me it can be - and that makes me happy :-) I hope it works for you too!

    Stephanie Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Everyone's blogs are beautiful and unique which makes them all the more special, which is something I need to remind myself of more often x

      Delete